Sunday, August 21, 2011

White Pine County Fair

I'm so sad that i missed my County Fair this weekend.  Usually this weekend in august is spent watching animals be auctioned off, enjoying funnel cakes, placing two dollar bets on the ponies, dancing the night away to a country band, then hitting down town Ely's amazing night life.  At least i got some drunk dials from my cousin (she actually wasn't that drunk even, I understood everything she said, fail at the point of drunk dialing, otherwise it is just a normal dial). 
I can not wait till the day (I might be the only one) my little trailer babies are in 4H and we are shinning up those hogs to get them ready for the sale. There really is nothing else like a cold august morning in White Pine County getting your animal loaded and headed to the fair and begging your parents for money to buy fake ciggarettes that they only take away after they find you with them. Except for the one i hid then fake smoked it out by the haystacks in my back yard (I'm sooooo bad).
And I think 4H might be the only place where not all the kids get the same colored ribbon so there little feelers don't get hurt. Thats right it's life and some people are Grand Champions and some people get stuck holding the feed bucket.

1 comment: